A month left

The past three weeks have been such a whirlwind I haven’t been able to catch my breath! After three bridal showers in three weeks in three different states, I think I need a break. The wedding preparations have slowed for the time being, but my checklist is always sitting at the back of my mind and begging for attention. It’s like that quarter-long project that you know you should be working on because if you leave it until the last minute, you’ll be at the library looking up random resources until closing time and typing until the sun comes up. Both Mark and I tend to be eleventh-hour organizers, although I think I’ve been pretty on the ball with wedding stuff so far. I’m shaking off my procrastinating tendencies, and it has paid off. Unfortunately, when one area of life gets the attention, another just falls to shambles. My room is a disaster (littered with gift wrap and clean laundry that needs to be folded), and Howard (my rabbit) and Frederick (my chinchilla) are probably suffering from a lack of personal attention. Sorry boys! I’ll make it up to you…

No comments: