Sorry for the dearth of posts, but I didn’t want to post anything without also including pictures – we’ve finally sorted through them all (800+ AFTER sorting) so I’ll be putting together plenty of posts with corresponding pictures as soon as everything is more organized. But to tide you over, here are some short highlights from our excursion through Guatemala and Honduras.
- Meeting fellow travelers from all over the world: England, Germany, Ireland, Holland, Canada, Scotland, Wales, etc.
- Climbing over the bars of the jaguar pen to peek at the sleeping jaguar 25 feet below.
- Snorkeling at Utila, one of the Bay Islands north of Honduras.
- Experiencing the Semana Santa (Holy Week) celebrations in Antigua, Guatemala, some of the largest Holy Week celebrations in the world. Lots of Catholic parades!
- Kayaking a mountain lake in Guatemala.
- Visiting Chichicastenango, a world-famous market in the mountains of Guatemala.
The trip was such a whirlwind that I can’t believe I’m back at work, wandering around in a daze trying to remember what I was doing three weeks ago.