An album and a workout

We finally got around to posting pictures on Facebook from our Europe trip so I’ll just refer you to the album. These are the bare minimum of pictures though as we didn’t want to bore anyone, so I’ll still be posting some pictures and stories on here as I go! Don’t expect postings on a regular basis though. :) I feel like I have to say that so no one expects daily posts or anything like that. I used to be able to post daily but now I’m lucky if I get three posts up a week!

Speaking of busy schedules, I made up a killer lower body workout on Monday that only took 24 minutes. I love workouts like this because I can mix in cardio and body weight resistance but get done in half the time than if I went for a run and did weights afterward. So I put a butternut squash in the oven to roast, set the timer for 25 minutes, and went to the garage to work my buns off!

24-Minute Lower Body Workout
 
Set 1:
30 Jumping Jacks | 15 Squats | 10 Seconds of Rest
(3x)
 
Set 2:
15 Mountain Climbers | 10 Lunges (each leg) | 10 Seconds of Rest
(3x)
 
Set 3:
15 Jump Stars | 15 Single Leg Lifts (each leg, from plank position) | 10 Seconds of Rest
(3x)
 
Then do it all again!
 
The trick here is to do the workout FAST so you keep your heart rate up the whole time. My least favorite part is the lunges but you bang through them so quickly that before you know it, you’re done. You can make this workout harder by holding dumbbells during your squats and lunges but your body weight already offers plenty of resistance, especially when you’re going fast. When I finished and walked back into the house, the squash still had 40 seconds left. My kind of workout.

No comments: