Cupcakes and the Fifth Avenue Theatre


My sweet friend Maile treated me on my birthday eve with a cupcake and a musical downtown, the Pulitzer prize-winning "Next To Normal." It was literally my last day to take advantage of the 5th Avenue Theatre's $20 ticket price for those 25 years old and under and the ticket guy didn't even card me. Which, really, is very odd considering every other time we've bought those tickets we've had to show our IDs before they'll even bring out the seating chart. We cajoled him into asking for my ID anyway, since I'd never be able to use the discount again.

Thus begins a new era of paying adult ticket prices. But first, a recap of the shows the 5th Avenue Theatre so generously let me attend for only $20:

1. Next To Normal, with Maile - thank you friend!

2. Into The Woods, which I begged Mark to take me to since we had done the show in high school.

3. Mame, the originator of the Christmas song "We Need A Little Christmas" (who knew?) and co-starring the man who voiced Gaston in Disney's "Beauty and the Beast", which sent me into a state of awestruck anticipation. My what a guy, that Gaston!

4. A Christmas Story, the musical version of the beloved movie of the same name, which we saw with our friend Nicole.

5. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - this one ranks well in our memory because we ended up with seats in the center of the fourth row for $20. Lucked out!

I wish I'd taken advantage of more shows at that price but I guess we'll have to pay full price like normal people now. But it was great while it lasted!

No comments: