Gym reflections

I'm not sure what it is about Seattle gyms but each one (so... a total of two) that I've been to seems to have a problem with cranking the air conditioning. I have a fleeting suspicion that this has to do with the fact that Seattle doesn’t need air conditioning 350 days out of the year, but those 15 days are brutal without it. Plus, I think gyms should be some sort of exception, don’t you? Nothing’s worse than spinning your legs off on a stationary bike and dripping buckets all over the floor because the air circulation is poorly lacking. I’ve thought about bringing in a mini battery-powered fan and clipping it onto the treadmill while I run, and I’m sure everyone else would start doing it if one person starts the trend (management will thank me after the "It's freaking hot in here!" complaints subside).

Now, Texas knows how to use air conditioning. When I worked in Amarillo, TX for a summer, I signed up at the local YMCA and would physically shiver when I walked in their doors. Of course, 15 minutes into a workout and I'd be completely comfortable. I don't say this often, but let's learn a lesson from Texas!

No comments: