Seafair

Wow, it seems like all I talk about is zucchinis.

Anywho, Mark and I biked to the I-90 bridge today to see the air show put on by Seattle's annual summer festival, Seafair. The show featured the Blue Angels, as well as some other planes that broke the sound barrier and performed tricks ("Illusions, Michael!!") and dives over Lake Washington. The last time I went to an air show was somewhere around 1993, so this time I wasn't actually afraid the planes would get so close to each other that they'd crash. The scenery on the ride to the bridge was lovely but the hills were not so lovely. Dang you Lake Washington Boulevard! You tempt with your natural beauty and lead us into switchbacks!

The high-flying (and alternately low-flying) Blue Angels.
Mark and I over Lake Washington after the ride.

No comments: