Heather's hobby #42

I'm one of the lucky ones - fortunate enough to have good-natured co-workers who enjoy a good jab every now and then. One of my all-time favorite things to do at work (besides actual work of course) is to make some kind of age-related joke with my co-workers. The majority of my co-workers are at least 20 years older than I am and I figure if they can razz me about my youth, I get to be snarky right back.

Co-worker, while motioning to a typewriter we keep on a shelf: "Would'ja look at that thing! Can you believe it?"
Me: "What is it?"

Co-worker: "I used to watch that music video on MTV all the time!"
Me: "MTV used to play music videos??"

Co-worker, while motioning to my lunch of lettuce, vegetables, and lean protein: "Um... that looks way too healthy."
Me: "Well, when you get to be my age, the old metabolism just doesn't work as it used to."
Co-worker: "HA, how dare you lecture me about age and metabolism!"

It's all in good fun and they're super nice about it. I really shouldn't joke about age though. Someday this is all going to come back to bite me.

No comments: