Sick Times At Seymour High

I think we all can agree that head colds are a miserable annoyance that most everyone must endure. You do your sick time, probably around seven to 10 days for the virus to run its course, and then you’re back to a healthy streak again. But those seven to 10 sick days bring out the dramatic side in you, a side that says that this is certainly the sickest you’ve been in months, and it feels like you’ll never be healthy again. In fact, you don’t even remember what it felt like to be healthy! Your nose is red from the constant Kleenexes, and your swollen sinuses are pushing the tears out of your eyes. All you want to do is lay on the couch with a blanket and a TV show on DVD (and a brandy doesn’t hurt either). Of course, immobility seems to make the sinus pressure worse, but just the thought of taking a walk exhausts you.

I hate to be dramatic (well, who am I kidding? I love it!), but today is one of those days. Only I’m not at home on my couch. But I plan on being there soon.

No comments: