So active!

I don’t mention work much on my blog but in case you were wondering, I’m in marketing at a corporate real estate firm in south Seattle. I’ve learned more about lease negotiations and industrial building specifications than I’d ever cared to know. But that isn’t my point. I’ve been here over a year now, and I’m continually impressed by my co-workers’ athleticism and desire to stay active through their 40s and 50s. One of them used to play on the professional golf circuit and another played professional hockey in America and Europe; both still play their respective games, as well as compete in a slew of other activities like the Mountains to Sound relay or local triathlons. Our office hosts a few marathon runners and I hope to join their ranks in June when I participate in the Rock ‘N Roll marathon here in Seattle (although I’m only doing the half-marathon… so I’m that much closer to joining the ranks). Another co-worker is a dancer: ballroom, swing and salsa. She’s out at dances or lessons four to five nights a week. Most of the guys in the office are also involved in coaching: basketball, hockey, soccer, baseball… you name it! I’ve been informed about the game of squash and how it is superior to racquetball, and even shown videos of professional players.

I hope that when I’m in my 40s and 50s, I’m half as active as these guys.

No comments: