Midweek Tidbits

Welcome back to Midweek Tidbits! Cheer up - don't all you worker bees get the day off on Monday? Thank you President's Day!
  • Apparently this is somewhat old news, but did you know that there is a musical coming out on Broadway that is based on songs by Green Day? True story.
  • This map shows how connected Facebook users are via their region. According to the data, apparently Washingtonians only connect with other Washingtonians/Pacific Northwesterners. Huh.
  • The newest social networking endeavor has been launched by Interweb giant Google. Read about Buzz on their blog. Has anyone started to use this?
  • Do you know your beef? Here's a handy guide to the different cuts of meat. We rarely eat beef and I didn't grow up with it, so I barely know the difference between a porterhouse and a rib eye. Remember that song "Pieces of Me" by Ashlee Simpson circa 2004? A friend remarked one time that every time she sings "pieces of me" it sounds like "pieces of MEAT", and I've never been able to get that out of my head. The song was ruined for me: every time I hear it, pictures of steak float around my head.
  • What could be better than Batman valentines? Sometimes I miss elementary school, where you had a little bag on your desk and everyone would be given cute Disney valentines and candy!

No comments: