On my nails

My newest obsession has been nail polish: uber-girly, I know, but I feel like I completely missed out on the nail polish train when I was younger. Thus, I've jumped on full steam ahead! I change my polish every two or three days for the following reasons:
  1. The color starts to bore me. I need variety!
  2. Sometimes my weekend shades aren't exactly work-appropriate. I feel like my co-workers are judging me when I wear a near-black on Monday morning. Come on, it, uh, matches my pants!
  3. I enjoy the process of a manicure just as much as the end result. There's something about the precision and perfection required for a good manicure that appeals to me.


On my nails at the moment: OPI's Sweet Heart, a cotton candy-esque pink creme. I'm not a huge fan of cremes because the application has to be absolutely flawless or all your mistakes are evident (microshimmers and glitters are more forgiving when it comes to minor dents or scratches), but this polish came in a set so I had to try it out. It's a bit light for my complexion but it works for the office. I had to use three coats to get rid of the streaks, but I don't mind - again, I love the process. If it's worth doing, then it's worth doing well.


No comments: