Midweek Tidbits

Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • The 2010 Weblog Awards have been announced. I'm sure you all need more time-wasters so check out this year's winners. The Pioneer Woman, which I linked to a few weeks ago on Midweek Tidbits, won the top award!
  • I found a book called "F U, Penguin" at Barnes and Noble the other day and couldn't stop laughing. The book is based off a blog in which the author posts cute pictures of animals and pairs it with hilarious commentary that tries to convince readers that we shouldn't be so obsessed with cute kittens and adorable penguins. The blog can be found here and is pretty funny if you can get past all the profanity.
  • A few of my friends have taken the plunge into parenthood and are expecting their first children. It seems like everywhere I go, I hear about babies! Being the Internet junkie that I am, I found this popular baby blog. There's just something about following someone else's experience and comparing it to your friend's.
Speaking of the Internet, our home connection has disappeared so I haven't had the chance to explore online as much as usual. Sorry guys! This will have to tide you over until next week. Over and out.

Title: F U Penguin: Telling Cute Animals What's What

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Shelly (your old roommate Stacy's sister). :) Anyways, I totally feel you about the whole baby thing. From my small/core group in college, 2 girls are pregnant and our leader had her baby not long ago. No pressure or anything right? :)

By the way, I love reading your blog. Happy Early Birthday!

Esther said...

Do you use linksys for your home internet? Ours disapeered too! :(

Heather Seymour said...

Hey Shelly! :) Thanks for reading, I appreciate it! Yep I haven't caught the baby bug yet but I can definitely see now how people do...

Esther, that is one of the networks we've hopped on but our main one (the more reliable one) has disappeared! I hope it will come back but it's been gone for a week now so I have my doubts. :( Boo.