Midweek Tidbits

Wednesday has arrived! Can you believe that it's already March? Time to start thinking about strappy sandals and summer skirts!
  • I want to try this recipe: shrimp pasta with herb cream sauce. Neither Mark and I are big fans of shrimp so I might swap them out with strips of grilled chicken, but I like the healthy tip the author gave on getting a creamy consistency with your sauce.
  • I didn't get to watch the Oscars this year but this article gave me the lowdown on all the pretty (and not-so-pretty) dresses! Plus it's organized by color like a crayon box... how great is that? But now I'm remembering that crayon boxes are organized more by families than by colors... right? I remember dumping out my 96-count box of crayons and organizing it completely by color. I was one of those children.
  • I would be remiss if I didn't share the Sounders FC blog I follow every day (the feed delivers directly to my work inbox). Seattle Times reporter Joshua Mayers gives us the scoop.
  • Scammers always leave clues, usually in the form of grammatical mistakes (although honestly, whoever led the team on this scam deserves some credit for effort). Copy edit the next scam e-mail you get from the prince of Sierra Leone or wherever who wants to send you all his father's money and see if I'm right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that herb cream sauce looks delicious (and easy to make)! I happen to have some laughing cow cheese on hand (I love that stuff) for snacks. :) If I make it, I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks!